1. Sleeping in an upright position for 1 week after surgery.
2. No heavy lifting until 3 weeks post-surgery.
3. No driving for 1 week post or until off narcotic pain medication completely.
4. Please take the medications as directed. Antibiotic medication is for 3 days, pain and nausea medication are taken as needed. Never take medications on an empty stomach and always space out the medications.
6. Constipation is very common due to the pain medication and anesthesia. Please use Colace, an over the counter stool softener or any laxative that has worked with you in the past. You may start taking something to help prevent constipation 2-3 days post surgery.
7. If you develop a rash or think you are having an allergic reaction to the medication, please call our office immediately. Sometimes Benadryl will help.
8. No upper body exercises for 3 weeks post surgery
9. You cannot get the breast wet for 1 week post surgery or until Dr. Pousti has directed otherwise. When you do go in the shower regular soap and water. When you come out of the shower, get your hair dryer put on low and cold setting to dry the incision lines completely.
10. No ocean water or pool water for 6-8 weeks post surgery or until the incision is fully healed.
11. No tanning or sun exposure to the incision until the your incision has healed completely.
12. Please do not put scar creams or ointments on the incision immediately after surgery, you may irritate the area or cause an allergic reaction.
13. After surgery you will have sterile dressings, a surgical bra, and compression stockings provided to you. Please leave everything on until we see you in the office which is usually 3 days post surgery.
14. For Scar treatment most patients will use Hybrisil Ointment that you may get from our office for $90. Add $10 for shipping. Hybrisil is prescription strength medication that helps prevent keloiding and redness, and is normally used twice a day for 2 months. You may also use anything that has worked for you in the past. Scars will look their worst and angry looking closer to 2 months post surgery.
15. Wear the surgical bra for a total of 4 weeks. You may wear a comfortable sports bra or regular non-underwire bra after your surgical bra for at least 4 more weeks. Around 2 months post-op, you may begin wearing a normal bra as long as you have acquired full sensation.
16. Some drainage from the incision lines is normal and its usually a light green/yellow discharge at about 2-3 weeks post surgery. Please keep the area as dry as possible.
17. If there is redness on the incision line or it feels tender, please call our office at (619)466-8851.
18. Incision lines and final results may take up to about a year. Sometimes sutures take time to dissolve, and sometimes you may have them reach the surface. This is normal and we will trim them for you at your post-op visit.
19. If you are an out of town patient, please keep in touch via email, and send photos to us at your 2ndweek, 1st month, 2ndmonth, 4th month, 6th month…etc.
20. Please call us with any concerns Mon-Friday 8:30am-5:30 pm Saturdays from 9:00am-12pm at 619- 466-8851.
21. If you would like to blog or write a testimonial of your experience in our office please see the following websites
vitals.com, yahoo.com, plasticsurgeryreview.com, cosmeticsurgeryforums.com, grademyplasticsurgeon.com, makemeheal.com, insiderpages.con, kudzu.com, doctorscorecard.com, googlereviews.com.
Thank you for your reviews.
We hope to have made your experience unique and easy transition to your new look.