1. Sleeping in an upright position for 1-2 weeks after surgery.
2. No heavy lifting for 4-6 weeks
3. Keep your hands and elbows to your side for 2 weeks
4. No driving for 2 weeks post Breast Augmentation Lift surgery or until off narcotic pain medication completely.
5. Please take the medications as directed. Antibiotic medication is for 3 days, pain, nausea and Valium medication are taken as needed. Never on an empty stomach and always space out the medications.
6. Constipation is very common due to the pain medication and anesthesia, please use Colace over the counter or any laxative that has worked with you in the past. You may start taking something to help prevent constipation 2-3 days post surgery.
7. If you develop a rash or think you are having an allergic reaction to the medication please call our office immediately. Sometimes Benadryl will help.
8. No exercises for 4-6 weeks post surgery
9. Cant get the breast wet for 6 weeks post surgery. When you do go in the shower regular soap and water. When you come out of the shower, get your hair dryer put on low and cold setting to dry the incision lines completely
10. No ocean water or pool water for 8 weeks post surgery or until the incision is fully healed.
11. No tanning or sun exposure to the incision until the your incision has healed completely.
12. Please do not put scar creams or ointments on the incision immediately after surgery, you may irritate the area or cause an allergic reaction.
13. After surgery you will have lots of dressings, surgical bra, drains, and compression stockings provided to you. Please leave everything on until we see you which is usually 3 days post surgery. The surgical bra strap band needs to be placed at the bottom of the breast for support.
14. Breast Lift dressing can be removed 2 weeks post surgery.
15. Drains are removed on your first post op visit if Dr. Pousti thinks they are ready or when the drainage output is below 20cc within a 24hr period.
16. After drains are removed we want to make sure that there is no fluid build up “Seroma”, please make sure to call the office if you feel you have developed fluid. Sometimes fevers, nausea will be a side affect or on the sides of the breast area may have swelling and you may feel fluid move. Almost like a waterbed affect.
17. You may expect to be swollen for a few weeks. This is why it will also take time for the breast to reach their final shape and size.
18. For Scar treatment most patients will use Hybrisil Ointment that you may get from our office for $90. Add $10 for shipping. Hybrisil is prescription strength medication that helps prevent keloiding and redness, and is normally used twice a day for 2 months. You may also use anything that has worked for you in the past. Scars will look their worst and angry looking closer to 2 months post surgery.
19. Wear the surgical bra for a total of 4 weeks. You may wear a comfortable sports bra or regular non-underwire bras after you get rid of your surgical bra. You wear sports bras for 4 weeks.
20. Nice underwire bras are ok once you have full sensation at the bottom of the breast and closer to 2 months post surgery.
21. Some drainage from the incision lines is normal and its usually a light green/yellow discharge at about 3 weeks post surgery. Please keep the area as dry as possible.
22. Sometimes there can be superficial openings on the T-junction of a breast lift/reduction. Please call our office and send photos as soon as possible.
23. If there is redness on the incision line or it feels tender, please call our office and send photos.
24. Incision lines and final results may take up to about a year. Sometimes sutures take time to dissolve, and sometimes you may have them reach the surface. This is normal and you may gently trim them.
25. Any blue sutures that is reaching the surface please cut or trim using clean scissors; you may clean them with alcohol.
26. Please keep in touch via email, and send photos to us at your 2ndweek, 1st month, 2ndmonth, 4th month, 6th month…etc.
27. Please call us with any concerns Mon-Friday 8:30am-5:30 pm Saturdays from 9:00am-12pm at 619- 466-8851.
28. If you would like to blog or write a testimonial of your experience in our office please see the following websites